Farm Manager for Brood Stock Farm
Seven Springs Trout Hatchery located near Larne in Northern Ireland is now hiring a Farm Manager. You will be the manager of a small team, that produces eyed rainbow trout ova. The main season for shipping the eggs is from July to October.
- Plan and prioritize daily work
- Management of the staff on site
- Feeding and taking part in the daily routines
- Packing and shipping of ova
- Record keeping in accordance with the quality schemes in operation
- Responsible for realization of budgeted production
- Defining and achieving KPIs together with the management
- Secure high information flow to make sure available eggs are sold on time
- Maintaining a safe working environment and environmentally friendly work practices
- Plan and execute feed and stock management
- Optimize Photoperiod in cooperation with the owners
- Communication with relevant external accounting, authorities and suppliers
- Experience with management is an advantage
- Good English skills both written and orally
- Experience with trout farming, preferably brood stock
- Familiar with the most common Microsoft Office programs such as Excel, Word and Outlook
- Experience with quality schemes such as GlobalGAP, ISO or Quality UK is a great advantage
- Willing to work flexible hours under all weather conditions
For the right person, we offer an exciting job opportunity with freedom to plan own activities and tasks in accordance with the overall goals.
Salary package based on experience. Package includes housing on site. Starting date as soon as possible.
Please send your application marked “Farm Manager" with relevant details by e-mail to email@example.com